EL PARAISO DEL FUMADOR
Biggest “Island” of the Antilles, 110922 km², ap.. 10 mill. inhabitants, discovered 1492 by Columbus. Until 1898 Spanish, since 1902 independent republic, since 1956 revolution under Fidel Castro against the dictatorship of General Batista. Capital La Habana. Tropical hot climate with heavy precipitation of the trade winds. Swampy coasts, interior partly to karst developed hills and plateaus, in der Sierra Maestra 2560 m high. Sugar-bane, corn, rice, coffee, cocoa, TOBACCO, fruits, sisal and cotton.
The first name that was put in the trademark registration office of Havana, was Bernadino Rencurrel in the year 1810. Indeed Cuba had started its local production of cigars already before middle of 18th century. The ancestors of Spanish colonists had developed the cultivation of the tobacco plant and now they did like to stay sole exporters of natural tobacco leafs but to start a cigar production on their own. The speedy development of ship-based transport, the steam engine and the just building United States of America made the rise of Cuban tobacco plants possible, but also the fall of Spanish tobacco plants in Sevilla.
The most of the big companies in Cuba were founded in the first half of 19th century. PARTAGAS in 1827, POR LARRANAGA 1834, H. UPMANN 1844, LA CORONA 1845, PUNCH 1840, EL REY DEL MUNDO 1848, ROMEO Y JULIETA 1850. The famous MONTECRISTO appeared much later. The cigar met its first boom.
Many of these earlier founded trademarks disappeared just before or after First World war, others were abolished when Fidel Castro came to his government. The rise of big Cuban cigar dynasties was paid by Spanish rivals. The plants in Sevilla had to close in 1900. But nevertheless the Spanish never felt any bitterness versus Cubans, but they grow to become their best customer. Today, still Spain imports more than 40 million cigars each year.
The 1st World war and the stock exchange crash 1929 finished this cigar boom. Under General Batista there were 960 trademarks still registered. Castro wished to reduce their number down to 4 trademarks and ordered to do so at once. This was a real catastrophe for Havana cigars. But suddenly the Cuban government stopped their decision and decided to ask well-known cigar-trader Zino Davidoff for advice. They saw the wisdom in his words and after and after they produced again more than 300 different trademarks.
- We offer the following brands :
- BRAND OF THE MONTH
- EL REY DEL MUNDO
- FLOR DE CANO
- HOYO DE MONTERREY DE JOSE GENER
- JOSÉ PIEDRA
- JUAN LOPEZ
- JUBILEE 5TH AVENUE
- LA GLORIA CUBANA
- POR LARRANAGA
- PUNCH by MANUEL LOPEZ
- QUAI D’ORSAY
- RAFAEL GONZALEZ
- RAMON ALLONES
- ROMEO Y JULIETA
- SANCHO PANZA
- SAN LUIS REY
- H. UPMANN
- VEGAS ROBAINA
Minis and Midis
Cigar’s paradise Cuba. License production in Europe.
|Cuban Mini and Midi -cigars (cigarillos) – appreciated – made in EU from original authentic pure Cuban tobaccos – in license production.Original Cuban cigars (made in Cuba) are to be found in our Cuban/Havanna department.|
- 80San Luis Rey. Tobaccos Selectos, Havana. Still more than producing wine the area of cigar production is not under pressure of machine-driven production. And this is true for every work-step from caring of seedlings up to packaging into boxes. Cigars and wine are the last remaining products of human work, experience, devotion and love that…
- 78FONSECA La Havana, Cuba Named like its founder, this brand had its beginning in the early 90th of the 19th century. Today it owns just 5 formats - but these are very eye-catching. Each single FONSECA is wrapped by hand into thin, silk-white silk paper as a hommage to a love for details that was…
- 77Rafael Gonzalez, Habana - Cuba. A brand that survived all confusion, needs and horror of the Cuban revolution. Extraordinary workmanship and a special aromatic-taste body characterize this cigar. We deliver: Article-number article-name price/cigar in EUR contenu INFO RAFAEL GONZALEZ sharply reduced in price C-CU-RG-061325 Petit Coronas 4,90 25 C-CU-RG-009625 Coronas extra 7,00 25 C-CU-RG-009625 Lonsdales…
- 77SAN LUIS REY "SERIE A" SAN LUIS REY, Cuba, Havana Measures Ø in mm length in mm Ring Gauge length in Inch Series A 18 144 45 5,7 Series A - a Gran Corona in tradition of the house. delivery in a little cedarwood box. 25 cigars per box. Are you looking for cheap and…
- 77Cuba/Havanna Fabricas de Tabacos superiores de la vuelta abajo. Habana Bolivar was founded 1850 as independant brand. The noble tobaccos of the island do not grow under other skies than that of the Vuelta Abajo. In this magical triangle that only makes 2 % of Cuban territory the most famous Cuban tobaccos are grown. Some…